Sunday, March 13, 2022

Seminole 2022 - Cold Spring Break!

 

Surfers at Sand Key Park

Pix.

Not a great beginning for spring breakers! The temperature fell steadily all day yesterday and the wind was crazy. After it died down a little, I swept the pool deck as well as I could but left the overturned chairs where they were. Decided against a swim because of all the debris in the water.

We went out in the afternoon and drove north on Gulf Boulevard. Stopped for the first photo op at Indian Rocks Beach and I could barely hold my camera steady enough to get a few shots. It was strangely exhilarating and very enjoyable. A few people were walking on the beach, most of them in long pants, sweatshirts and jackets. We moved on to Sand Key Beach, where I loved watching the crazy surfers in the high waves.

You could tell which of us was the native Minnesotan. Bob, of course, brought clothes for every season and was comfortable in the cold and wind. I, on the other hand, made the strategic decision of packing only a carry-on bag, leaving behind the dress-up clothes, many extra pairs of shoes, sweatshirts and long pants. I couldn't remember ever needing warm clothes in the many years I'd packed them, so I was quite confident in my decision. However, yesterday I was definitely a little chilly in shorts, a tee and my light Vikings windbreaker. This morning, I woke up to about 39F, almost unheard of in the Tampa area at this time of year.

I'm not buying something warm because I'd have to get it home and I'm not going to stuff that bag. Meanwhile, I think I'll get leaves and branches out of the pool. I love swimming in warm water on a cold day. The sun is shining and a warming trend is on the way. 68F later this afternoon.

No comments: