Thursday, March 3, 2022

Seminole 2022 - Day 2 (Still Married)

 Pix.

Let's face it, the choice of this property was mine. I did have my doubts when I saw only one review and noticed right away the absence of basic safety equipment (like a handrail -- and more) around the pool steps. I did look up property valuation compared with similar properties in the residential neighborhood and was reassured -- of course, location-location-location applies, and this is a great location.

Bob has been very kind in not blaming me, but I am defensive about every innocent negative remark. Yesterday's included shades that almost fell apart in the enclosed patio, toilet issues (fortunately not clogged ones), uncomfortable seating, TV problems (to which I am fairly indifferent, especially with Live-TV on my laptop for the news and a few other programs I watch). So many more. Seems we're used to the good life with solid doors, soft-close cupboards, lots of outlets without overloaded power strips, new plumbing, shades that don't fall apart. The list goes on.

Yesterday we hit the Dollar Store, one of my favorite places which but Bob is definitely not a Dollar Store shopper. I stocked up on cleaning supplies, though I feel a little disheartened and will not get into my habitual cleaning frenzy. Just praying that the washer and the dishwasher work. If not ... oh well, let's not go there.

On the positive side, we are getting a few laughs. Our worst vacation experience is still Barker Lake Lodge nearly 10 years ago and we still crack up when we think about it. "It's gonna be warm", said Bob cheerfully a few minutes ago. While the bed didn't seem quite as comfortable as it did on the first night, it was still pretty good. I'm hoping that the two small bruises inside my right elbow are from a bang and not an insect.

Already inquired about getting back to our longtime rental in St. Pete Beach next year. Sunrise Resort is looking better and better!

No comments: