Friday, March 4, 2022

Seminole 2022 - Acceptance and Enjoyment

 

Pool Area

Thursday was a more normal day, as reality sank in. We are going to be here for a month so we might as much enjoy our time in the sun. I really enjoyed both my morning and evening swims, especially as I try to make sure my right shoulder (recently treated with physical therapy for rotator cuff tears) is properly rehabbed before I get by to my Y swimming routine.

We've got our bearings now and had no trouble getting out to a main road, Hwy 694/Park Avenue. Traffic seemed like less than we were once used to once we got to Gulf Boulevard. The coast is, of course, overbuilt but the Gulf of Mexico and Boca Ciega Bay are very beautiful.

We drove to a few favorite places, including the boardwalk at Land's End and the very end of Pass-A-Grille. We had fish & chips and conch tacos delivered from DJ's Clam Shack which we enjoyed on the patio. Because the shade is inoperable (or, as we say in Minnesota, "broke"), we sat in the hot sun of the late afternoon.

TV is working well. WiFi is good. Watching the terrible war in Ukraine, I feel sad and very angry.

No comments: