Thursday, March 31, 2022

Seminole 2022 - Last Day in Florida

 Pix.

Today is our last full day in Florida. While the weather is great, the home environment is really not very comfortable (bed, couches, chairs, noisy A/C, plumbing problems, dirt ...) and we'll be happy to get home. Still, we'ver enjoyed the last week. A few highlights:

  • Dolphin Cruise at John's Pass. It was a perfect day and we saw lots of dolphins and seabirds.
  • Visit to Fort DeSoto Park. The day was sunny and warm, and we enjoyed watching people on the beach, as well birds in the water and in the air. Afterward, we had a snack at Sea Critters (margaritas, peel & eat shrimp, grouper nuggets).
  • Short hop to Lake Seminole County Park. The park was much larger, greener and cooler than I had imagined. The alljgators didn't show up for a photo op, but I was OK,
  • Our usual visit to Vinoy Park in St. Petersburg, where the people watching is as fun as waiting for dolphins and manatees.
  • Meggan and Scott's weekend with us, including great dinners at Stefano's and perennial favorite Salt Rock Grill.
  • Meet-up with Lind O. and her husband Gerard for a wonderful lunch at Bon Appétit in Dunedin.

I'll think about how much I enjoyed swimming in the morning and early evening, and am glad that I learned how to take care of a pool. I'm fairly sure that hardly anyone (except my siblings and a few younger relatives) would have enjoyed the cold water. Scott showed me how to set the temperature of the pool, and I kept expecting the water to warm up -- which it did during a heat spell a few weeks ago. However, the inadequacy of Plan B (the sun) led Bob to ask the pool guy about it. He checked, and said the capacitor was shot, so there is no warm-up in my future.

I'll miss the enclosed patio where we've eaten most meals. However, it was hard to clean up to a satisfactory state and it's even harder to keep it reasonably acceptable.

Spring in Minnesota will be enjoyable!

No comments: